Tuesday, December 6, 2016

I Don't Want to be Perfect, I Want to be Free!


I started this blog in 2009, but I stopped posting because there were people who didn’t like what I wrote. I was asked to take down all the “offending” posts, which I did. I still wrote, but then I would put it away or delete it. It just didn’t feel the same, as though telling the blogosphere connected me in some way.
Today, I was listening to Elizabeth Gilbert’s podcast, and she was interviewing a writer who said she did it not because she had a need to be agreed with or liked, but because she just needed to be known! Maybe that’s me too, I want to talk about what I think about, what I go through, why I do things, and put it out there as a place to be completely honest. 
So, today I decided that I will start posting on my blog again! My posts will be about things I do like hiking, oil painting, maybe about daily life things. They will be about my relationships, aging, my revelations, my inspirations, my memories and even my frustrations and regrets.
 But, I am doing it for me!  I don’t care if anyone ever reads it, I don’t care if someone uses what I write against me, I don’t care if people don’t like it, but I DO care about putting it out there, because there is some accountability in that, and there is some freedom in that! 
I don’t want to be perfect, I want to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment